@jay_spartanfam We train right and we eat well. No gimmicks, no fads, no shakes, no weights. We implement and practice what we teach. When we train we use our own body weight which allows for increased functionality. For us its not about who can get the biggest. It's about health and true strength. Most of us have been misled for too long into believing we must be as big as possible or eat massive amounts of meat in order to build muscle. We are living proof that his is not true and that you can do so much more 😊
Lots of plant based breakfasts are sweet but this morning I wanted savory. GF toast with peas and mushrooms tossed in leftover alfredo from last nights dinner. And spicy potatoes and onions. 😋 filling, tasty, messy and still light.
Creamy garlic pasta ~Recipe~
1/2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups non dairy milk plus more as needed ( I used cashew)
1 tsp salt plus more to taste
8 ounces dry egg free fettuccine
Dried oregano, red pepper flakes to taste
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat, add garlic and shallot to pan along with a sprinkle of salt and stir. Cook about 2 minutes stirring occasionally until garlic is softened and shallot is translucent, avoid browning. Add vegetable stock, non dairy milk, and salt and stir. Add the dry pasta and push it around to submerge it under the liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally gently separating pasta. Cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened..you may need to add more non dairy milk
It's National Zucchini Bread Day!! We love Zucchini Bread! Extra partial to our chocolate chip, vegan, gluten free zucchini bread though. 🍃Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread (vegan, gluten free & oil free)
* 6 Tbsp ground flax seeds
* 2 Tbsp chia seeds * 3/4 c warm water
* 1/2 c organic pure cane sugar
* 1/2 c coconut sugar
* 1 c light brown sugar
* 3/4 c applesauce
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 3 Zucchinis, grated (about 2 1/2 cups)
* 1 c brown rice flour
* 1 c almond meal (replace with tapioca flour if you want to make this nut-free) * 1 c 'sweet white' sorghum flour
* 1 T xanthum gum * 1 tbsp baking powder (aluminum free)
* ½ tsp baking soda
* 1 tbsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 - 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan & gf), optional
* Optional: You can add 1/2 - 1 tsp nutmeg (we omitted due to a nut allergy)
1. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Mix together flax seeds and warm water.
3. Add sugars, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add grated zucchini. Mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
6. Add dry and wet mixtures. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Pour evenly in to the 2 pans.
7. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool before slicing.
A woman slowly pulled up to our table as we dug into the Papaya Salad with Chicken ($8.99) at Pho Santee. She proudly beamed upon the salad, explaining she was vegan and wishing us a pleasant lunch. I desperately wanted to love the vinegar lime dressed shredded green papaya, basil, jalapeno, roasted peanuts, pickled carrots and daikon as much as this woman does. But I didn't.
Ich sage es Euch - veganes Essen kann mega lecker sein👌Heute gab es gebratene Spätzle mit einer Sauce aus Bärlauch, Frühlingszwiebel, Avocado, etwas Zitrone und Basilikum. Dazu gab es Feldsalat und Tomaten - soooo lecker 🥑 🍋 🌿 Was meint ihr? Soll ich das Rezept verbloggen? #abendessen
Yeah...it's raining ☔️ but we've got #grilling season on our minds!
Vegan Skewers - Japanese eggplant has a thinner skin and fewer seeds than American-style eggplants, making them great for grilling.
1 12-oz. package frozen Beyond Meat® Beyond Chicken® Grilled Strips, thawed
2 small Japanese eggplants, cut into 1/2”-thick coins
2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2”-thick coins
1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2”-thick wedges
1/2 cup 365 Everyday Value® shoyu soy sauce
1/4 cup sake or dry sherry
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons white miso
1 teaspoon 365 Everyday Value® toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon 365 Everyday Value® garlic powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 orange, cut into wedges
1. Place thawed Beyond Chicken® strips in large zipper-top bag. Add Japanese eggplant, zucchini, and red onion to bag.
2. Whisk shoyu, sake or dry sherry, seasoned rice vinegar, white miso, toasted sesame oil, and garlic powder. Add to bag and massage to coat. Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
3. Light a grill for medium heat. Pour marinade from bag into a small bowl. Alternately thread Beyond Chicken®, eggplant, zucchini, and onion on skewers.
4. Brush grill grate clean. Grill skewers until Beyond Chicken® pieces are hot and vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes total. Turn skewers often, brushing with marinade.
5. Remove to plates and scatter on cayenne pepper and sesame seeds. Serve with orange wedges for squeezing.
recipe photos by: @kate_mathis & @plumreps
food styling by: @ravenwoodny
prop styling by: @carlaghart
After I landed back in #LA from #Boston last night, I headed over to @littlepinerestaurant where I had lots of #vegan comfort food and this beauty for dessert: raspberry cheesecake with lemon curd and coco whip. So good!
I started a bullet journal this week and so far I'm loving it. Anyone else into that? 🙋🏼Cooking a bunch of stuff today so this bowl of leftovers was perfect for lunch👌🏽
Roasted cauli, red onion, bell peppers, sweet potatoes and broccoli, cilantro lime rice, 1/2 avocado and cashew chipotle sauce😋
So happy to be back home, cook my own meals and eat plenty of veggies without feeling guilty. This trip was a serious torture foodwise (except the times when we cooked our own breakfast). Denny's, IHOP, McDonald's were our destinations for food and I won't be willing to eat there again. It was fun anyway!
This morning I hugged my utensils and cooked this awesome nutritious breakfast with asparagus, poached egg and mushroom sauce. #recipeoftheday
▫️Blanch asparagus until soft.
▫️Poach 1 egg. (See my Instagram for poached egg recipe)
▫️Sautee mushrooms, 1 garlic clove and 1 tsp if rosemary in a pan. Add 5 tbsp of whole milk.
▫️Purée mushrooms into a paste.
▫️Place everything on a plate and enjoy your meal! ❤
Очень рада вернуться домой, обнять свои сковородки, овощи и подумать над своим пищевым поведением в последнюю неделю. А рам делом, что я сделала сегодня утром – это приготовила здоровый завтрак, в котором не было ничего поддельного, только чистые витамины. #рецептдня – спаржа с грибным соусом и яйцом-пашот.
▫️В кипящую воду положите спаржу и проварите 5 минут.
▫️Сделайте яйцо-пашот (для рецепта загляните в мой Инстаграм, я недавно выкладывала подробный рецепт)
▫️Нарежьте грибы и обжарите их с 1 зубчиком чеснока и розмарином.
▫️Добавьте в грибы немного молока и измельчите в блендере.
▫️Выложите все на тарелку и наслаждайтесь завтраком❤
My definition of tasting the rainbow 😉 A delicious veggie bowl featuring a few of my faves: tomatoes, heart-shaped roasted sweet potatoes, yellow bell peppers, radishes, and a beautiful avocado rose! 😍 Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely spring Tuesday and eating lots of tasty food ☺️💗