This is a traditional dosa from the Karwar region called the Kalingana Polo (aka Watermelon Rind Dosa). Watermelon rinds are usually discarded, however this unique dosa is prepared using the rinds. It is said that the maximum amount of nutrients are actually stored in the watermelon rind. These dosa's are easy to prepare with minimal ingredients, super delicious and glutenfree. The watermelon rind and coconut added to the batter renders a subtle sweetness to the dosa's. Unlike the other dosa variants, this one is prepared by pouring a ladle full on the hot griddle and not spread. It is then left to cook with a lid on to let the dosa cook in its own steam. It is soft and porous. Best had with spicy coconut chutney and filter kaapi.
83 of #100HappyBreakfast
1 cup Dosa rice
1 cup Watermelon rind
1/2 cup Fresh coconut, grated
1/2 cup Poha, soaked
Salt , to taste
- Wash and soak the dosa rice in water for 2 hours to prepare the batter.
- Likewise, wash and drain the poha in water using a strainer and keep aside.
- Now in a mixer grinder, grind the watermelon rind along with grated coconut to a smooth paste. Take it out in a mixing bowl.
- Add the soaked poha and dosa rice, season with salt and make a smooth dosa batter by adding very little water.
- The consistency of the batter should be a little thick.
- Leave the batter to ferment for 6 hours (or overnight), before proceeding to make the dosas.
- Now, heat a dosa griddle on a medium heat, brush it with a little oil, pour a ladle full of the dosa batter, pour a teaspoon of oil on the sides. Cover it with a lid and let the dosa cook in its own steam till done.
#Brekkie #breakfast #BreakfastStories #KalinganaPolo #KarwarCuisine #Dosa #WatermelonRindDosa #GlutenFree
#SouthIndianCuisine #SoulfulBreakfast #IndianCuisine #MyCookingStories #MyKitchenAdventures #foodtalkindia #foodtalkbangalore #sobangalore #instafood #instaphoto #instadaily #instabangalore #bangalorefoodie #food #foodpic #lbbbangalore #nammabengaluru #sobangalore #FilterKaapi #KaapiStories
ನಾಡಿನ ಸಮಸ್ಥ ಜನತೆಗೆ ನಾಡಪ್ರಭು ಶ್ರೀ ಕೆಂಪೇಗೌಡರ ಜಯಂತಿಯ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು. ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನ ನಿರ್ಮಾತ್ರನಿಗೆ ಆದರಪೂರ್ವಕ ಪ್ರಣಾಮಗಳು. Nadaprabhu Sri #KempegowdaJayanthi greetings to all…
Paying tributes to the Founder of #NammaBengaluru on his Birth Anniversary today.
Thai curry with semi polished Kerala rice.💙
#ifoundawesome 😍 Want to WIN a delish meal for two?
1. Find your favourite restaurant recommendation on the LBB app
2. Share it on your Facebook wall with #ifoundawesome and DM us a screenshot